RFC: libverto nearing release

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Thu Jul 7 12:08:41 EDT 2011

On 7/7/2011 11:43 AM, Nico Williams wrote:
>> In short, I'm not super worried about a win32 port. At best, I think it
>> will change some of the internal semantics. I'm mostly focused now on
>> getting it to build/work on non-linux.
>
> I think you should worry about Windows.  Also, dladdr() is present in
> Linux and Solaris, so it's really the BSDs you should worry about.

Relying on a loose bundle of DLLs to represent pluggable modules is no
longer the preferred mechanism on Windows.  Instead, modules should be
packaged and distributed as signed side-by-side assemblies.  The
assemblies can be loaded at run-time via a manifest.

The existing KFW libraries have significant issues when linked to IIS
modules partly because it is impossible to ensure that all IIS modules
have the same KFW version as dependencies.