RFC: libverto nearing release

Nathaniel McCallum npmccallum at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 19:26:25 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 17:35 -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> How do you get dlsym on win32 without msys or cygwin or something else
> we wouldn't want?

1. libverto, at least currently, has no plans to target win32 (this was
not stated as a requirement).
2. However, on win32, you can ifdef with LoadLibrary() and
GetProcAddress() pretty easily.
3. It is not dlsym() I'm worried about, but dladdr(). I'm honestly not
sure if there is a win32 equivalent for this. libverto uses dladdr() for
two purposes. The first is to get the file name of the libverto library.
I'm extremely confident we can do this in win32. The second is to test a
signal handler on win32 to determine if it is in unmapped space. I have
no idea what we will do here on win32, but we might be able to do
something similar.

Is there a specific win32 requirement?

Nathaniel