RFC: libverto nearing release

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Tue Jul 5 19:26:40 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Tom Yu <tlyu at mit.edu> wrote:
> Nico Williams <nico at cryptonector.com> writes:
>> The issue is interposers on the global link map.
>
> Wouldn't you want to pick up the symbols from the interposers anyway,
> for the sake of consistency?

In this case yes (though when I responded I hadn't yet looked at the
implementation, so I wasn't sure).

Now that I've glanced at the implementation I don't see a problem with
what it's doing since in no case does libverto export a symbol name
that could conflict with one of the existing event loop libraries'
symbols.

>> What you want is to use RTLD_GROUP (Solaris) or RTLD_DEEPBIND (Linux)
>> if either is available.
>
> Do you mean something lik dlopen(NULL, RTLD_GROUP)?

I meant dlopen(shared_object_name_or_path, RTLD_LOCAL | RTLD_GROUP).

Nico