message size incompatible with type error for krb5-1.9 lib using Windows 2003 KDC

Elzey, Blaine A (Blaine) blaine.elzey at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Feb 16 12:31:01 EST 2011

Well, I am no AD expert either, but unchecking the preauth for the account worked.  The particular user is not used for anything other than sending signed DNS updates, so I think this change is ok.  For others that might use the same AD account to log on to Windows or Windows services, I do not know the impact.  For now, I'll consider setting the no preauth option for the account as the accepted solution.

Blaine