test coverage statistics

Ezra Peisach epeisach at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 7 22:34:05 EST 2011

At one time - I modified valgrind to add a new function that would allow
one to indicate how many mallocs before returning null... This was
useful to iterate on the t_cc tests where it would set it to 2000
mallocs, run the tests, reduce by one, run again, etc. - and see if
could get down to one...  I fixed a number of failure cases that way.

I think I submitted it to the valgrind developers and will see if I can
dig it up - but this could be one way
for testing the various failure cases - or some other controlled malloc
failure case.  It would definitely test
error paths...

Ezra