Review of Projects/Kadmin hook interface

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 27 16:01:14 EDT 2010

Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams at oracle.com> writes:

> I'm saying it's what it should do.  I.e., the kadmin/kadm5 client should
> be modified to randomize keys by doing a cpw with a randomized password.

If you made this change globally (rather than making it an option, such as
in Heimdal), then it would apply to keytab-only principals such as host/*
keys as well.  Do we lose any security benefit from having all the
enctypes have independent keys the way that we get now with -randkey?  (Or
at least I always assumed we got that now; maybe we don't?)