standardizing copyright/license notice delimiters in MIT source files.

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 21 01:13:56 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 20:07 -0400, Will Fiveash wrote:
> The issue I have is that it is difficult to programmatically extract
> just the copyright and license text since there is non-copyright/license
> text in the same copyright block.  This task could be done more reliably
> if there were some form of unique start and stop delimiters around the
> copyright/license text that could be fed to sed for exaction purposes.
> Thoughts?

In theory at least, the top-level NOTICE file (or README in released
versions of the code prior to the upcoming 1.9) should have all of the
licenses collected.  We've attempted to keep it up to date as we've
added code with different licenses.

I'm not saying that as an objection to your proposal, just as something
that might save you time.