KDC worker processes project

Roland C. Dowdeswell elric at imrryr.org
Thu Sep 16 17:09:04 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 03:44:39PM -0400, ghudson at MIT.EDU wrote:

> I'm beginning a formal review of the KDC worker processes project,
> ending next Friday.  The project proposal is at:
>
> http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Projects/Parallel_KDC

Another feature that would be quite small but nonetheless would
increase robustness to some degree would be to have each child exit
after a set period of time and/or requests.  This would reduce the
risks of memory leaks or gradual memory corruption in the various
DB backends.  The supervisor could restart kids as it reaps them.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://Imrryr.ORG/~elric/