Project Review: kinit -C

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 16 16:34:59 EDT 2010

    Tom> Ken Raeburn <raeburn at MIT.EDU> writes:
    >> Wouldn't most of this problem go away if keytab types were
    >> pluggable?

    Tom> [...]

    >> That would just leave the question of whether pluggable keytab
    >> types are a good idea. :-)

    Tom> I think it's a great idea.  I'm not sure that we have time to
    Tom> implement it for the 1.9 release.

As do I.
Especially given that kinit -C ended up being taken and the syntax I
ended up with was
kinit -k -t KDB:
Ken's solution works well.

I actually thought about a preauth plugin or a locate plugin that
registered the kdb keytab in its initialization function combined with a
change to the KDB keytab to take the realm of the KDB as its argument.
I decided that having preauth plugins or locate plugins as a hook for a
keytab registration was architecturally impure.

--Sam