wrong checksum type for arcfour-hmac-md5

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 15 16:02:02 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 15:48 -0400, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> And which is easier to patch?  I'm not sure.  Typically I think of
> servers as easier to patch than clients -- there's usually many more of
> the latter than the former.  But here it may well matter for the MIT
> client side to interop with currently deployed Samba servers, for
> various reasons.

The bug in question is not about interoperating with Samba servers.  If
I understand correctly, it is about Samba client software, in
combination with MIT krb5 libraries, interoperating with Windows
servers, when the Samba client software does something patently
incorrect.