Project Review: kinit -C

Will Fiveash will.fiveash at oracle.com
Wed Sep 15 14:18:20 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 09:57:27AM -0500, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:51:55AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> > Not surprisingly it does end up being reasonably easy to build two
> > different versions of kinit.  One gets a stub that prints an error if
> > you use this option.  One gets the real function.  Still, I'd like to
> > wait for one of the Os distributors (either now or in the future) to
> > come forward and say they need that before doing it.
>
> Will has already indicated that he'd rather have kinit.local...  I think
> he speaks for Oracle in this case.

Earlier I was just trying to point out that this change will affect
Solaris packaging which splits binaries into two packages, one for those
binaries needed by a client/service needing krb auth and one for those
needed by a KDC.  I did not intend to imply that Oracle disagreed with
Sam's proposal.  I will bring up this issue with the rest of the Solaris
krb development team in our weekly meeting tomorrow and reply to this
thread with the collective opinion.

--
Will Fiveash
Oracle