Processing .k5login (another patch)

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 2 11:53:13 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 18:08 -0400, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams at oracle.com> writes:
>
> > I'd rather have an option for specifying the location of the k5login
> > file, so it can be moved into a location where the user cannot control
> > it.
>
> That would be very nice.

Perhaps something like:

  [libdefaults]
  k5login = $HOME/.k5login           # Default
  k5login = /var/lib/k5login/$USER   # Centrally managed
  k5login =                          # Disable altogether

I'm not fixated on that substitution syntax, but I imagine there'd need
to be some way to substitute in the homedir and username.  Python's
ConfigParser supports a %() substitution syntax, but using that seems
like it would be a mistake since it substitutes variables within the
same section.

I can't promise to implement this for 1.9, but I can write it up as an
early project and perhaps do it on the margin later.