X-CACHECONF in cache type 0504

Tim Alsop Tim at cybersafe.com
Fri Nov 19 12:14:50 EST 2010

Greg,

I used MIT 1.8.1 to get TGT. I captured and analyzed the network traffic
using wireshark, and this is what I found:

AS-REQ send to AD
KRB-ERROR returned, with PREAUTH_REQUIRED. The padata contained
PA-ENCTYPE-INFO, PA-ENC-TIMESTAMP, PA-PK-AS-REP
AS-REQ sent to AD with PA-ENC-TIMESTAMP
AS-REP received from AD.

So, above looks normal. There is no padata seen suggesting that the KDC
supports FAST, but when I look at the ticket cache I see:

[talsop at shrek ~]$ /opt/mitkrb5-1.6.3/bin/klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_4000
Default principal: talsop at DEV.LOCAL

11/19/10 17:10:47  11/20/10 03:06:09  krbtgt/DEV.LOCAL at DEV.LOCAL
 renew until 11/20/10 17:10:47
01/01/70 01:00:00  01/01/70 01:00:00
krb5_ccache_conf_data/fast_avail/krbtgt\/DEV.LOCAL\@DEV.LOCAL at X-CACHECONF:

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt4000
klist: You have no tickets cached
[talsop at shrek ~]$

I therefore conclude that MIT 1.8.1 has a bug. Or, we have compiled it on
our system and something went wrong during the compile/link/install phase
- unlikely, but possible...

Thanks,
Tim