X-CACHECONF in cache type 0504

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Thu Nov 18 22:18:59 EST 2010

Hi Greg

I'm a member of the Java SE Security Team in Oracle. We're aware of this
issue and about to fix it.

Java 1.6 currently just reads all entries as normal credential cache. It
fails on the new type of entry when trying to interpret the last 2
fields as ticket and second ticket. For the new entry, the field used to
be the ticket is a 3-bytes sequence which is not a DER encoding at all.

We have several solutions:

1. Ignore any unparseable entry. This is not perfect coz we cannot
detect illegal entries.

2. Ignore entries whose service principle name starts with
"X-CACHECONF:/". This should fix the current issue, but I'm not sure if
there will be more "strange" entries later.

What's your suggestion? and how does MIT handles a ccache file?

Thanks
Weijun