krb5-1.9-beta1 is available
Tim at cybersafe.com
Thu Nov 4 16:13:57 EDT 2010
Is the RA SecurID support based on the SAM protocol, so that Kerberos password is still required ?
We have supported this for about 10 years in our KDC and find that most customers prefer a method which is not using Kerberos password, and hence the new RSA OTP draft is preferred.
I am therefore wondering why a SAM based solution has been chosen ?
From: krbdev-bounces at MIT.EDU [mailto:krbdev-bounces at MIT.EDU] On Behalf Of Tom Yu
Sent: 03 November 2010 19:12
To: krbdev at MIT.EDU
Subject: krb5-1.9-beta1 is available
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
MIT krb5-1.9-beta1 is now available for download from
The main MIT Kerberos web page is
Please send comments to the krbdev list. The final release will probably occur in early December. The README file contains a more extensive list of changes.
Major changes in 1.9
* Python-based testing framework
* DAL cleanup
* NSS crypto back end
* PRNG modularity
* Fortuna-like PRNG
* Account lockout performance improvements
* Trace logging
* Plugin interface for password sync
* Plugin interface for password quality checks
* Configuration file validator
* KDC support for SecurID preauthentication
* Camellia encryption (experimental; disabled by default) -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (SunOS)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
krbdev mailing list krbdev at mit.edu
More information about the krbdev