a suggestion for improving pkinit preauth plugin token choosing

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue May 11 20:24:37 EDT 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 12:34 PM, Nicolas Williams wrote:

> We need much more experience here.  IMO Will should proceed with his
> proposal and . . .

Questions about how much complexity is needed aside, I have no objections to Will's proposals.

I have a strong feeling that the situation is really a lot simpler than it appears.  You shouldn't blindly try to accommodate every type of deployment that has been done, because I know people have made some mistakes in existing deployments.  Accommodating mistakes is not what's needed.

Everyone needs a little more experience here, and I admit that mine is rather specific.

Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu