preauth code questions

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Fri Mar 19 14:45:27 EDT 2010

I'm getting a little confused.

I've made my own copy of plugins/preauth/encrypted_challenge to
modify into something of my liking in our testbed.  In examining
the code, some things seem odd to me, which I will assume is from
my ignorance for now.

* kaccessor.encode_enc_ts(&ts, &encoded_ts);

   Where is encode_enc_ts() defined?  I'm failing to find it.

* Am I mistaken that there are 2 encrypted challenge
   preauth implementations, one in plugins/preauth and
   one in lib/krb5/krb/preauth*.c ?

* Is the client's IP address available in a preauth plugin?

Thanks for any help.

Jeff