config file verification tool

Mark Phalan Mark.Phalan at sun.com
Fri Mar 12 11:04:53 EST 2010

On 03/12/10 04:50 PM, Zhanna Tsitkova wrote:
> I am afraid it would add both the undesirable complexity to the code and
> the additional overhead during the run-time.
> The main purpose of this validator tool is to avoid both of these
> complications.

I haven't actually taken a close look at your tool yet but I was hoping
that some of your work could be leveraged to make libkrb5 print better
error messages. It seems to me that it should be possible to provide
better validation within libkrb5 without adding unbearable overhead or
complexity.

Having an external tool which can validate krb5.conf is definitely
better than not having any tool at all.

Thanks,

-M