kadmin, GSSRPC, and IPv6

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 25 23:39:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 07:30 -0400, ghudson at MIT.EDU wrote:
> However, I believe there is a more minimal path to making kadmin work
> over IPv6 which would only take a week or two of effort.

This is done; it only took about three days of effort, including
figuring out how to test it.  (Solution: create a private-use IPv6
address on one of my interfaces and an /etc/hosts alias for it; no need
to muck around with tunnels.  Using Ubuntu's ip6-loopback alias would
work, except that hardy disables IPv6 support in getaddrinfo if you
don't have any non-link-local IPv6 interfaces addresses, and is also
overly helpful about mapping ::1 to 127.0.0.1.)

I didn't have any trouble creating separate IPv4 and IPv6 listener RPC
sockets for kadmind.