Need Help on kerberos

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 18 13:00:20 EDT 2010

Muthuramalingam Narayanan <muthuramalingam.narayanan at us.abb.com> writes:

> I am writing kerberos ticket renewal program.

You may want to take a look at the code of krenew, which is part of the
kstart package:

    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/kstart/

That will show all the basic techniques.

> 3. krb5_build_principal - using parameter
>            krb5_build_principal(ctx,&client,
>                                         15, "TEST at TEST12434.SE"
>                                         ))

If you're renewing a ticket, you probably want to read the existing
principal name from the ticket cache.  But anyway, the problem that you're
having is that you're passing in the entire principal as the realm and not
passing anything for the actual principal.

    krb5_build_principal(ctx, &client, strlen("TEST12434.SE"),
                         "TEST12434.SE", "TEST", NULL);