Dynamic plugin modules and OS packages

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 13 16:46:55 EDT 2010

ghudson at MIT.EDU writes:

>   * We add "include" support to the profile library, and the OS adds
>     "include /etc/krb5.conf.d/*" to its standard krb5.conf.  Each
>     plugin package supplies a profile fragment giving the location of
>     the dynamic object and an enable/disable boolean (which may
>     default to on or off depending on the packaging model and/or the
>     plugin).

I prefer this approach.  I've been wanting this for a long time for other
reasons.

This enables using the Debian Apache packaging approach for enabling or
disabling plugins, where the plugin configuration files are installed in a
separate location and selectively symlinked into the include directory for
krb5.conf using a tool that adds or removes the symlinks to enable or
disable the plugins.