Strange segmentation fault in libkrb5.so.3.3 (1.6.4-beta1)

Dan Searle dan.searle at censornet.com
Fri Jan 22 04:30:08 EST 2010

Hi,

If memory clobbering is causing an invalid call to free() then why is
the top of the stack trace showing to calls within ld-linux? and why is
there no call to free()? There are enough debug symbols in libc for
that. Also it's not proacicle to run the application in valgrind because
this error only happens once every couple of days or so in a production
environment and the applicationw would run too slowly to be useful and
also the memory requirements would be too large.