Plugin Manager in Kerberos

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 10 08:25:55 EST 2010

So far I haven't seen a justification for anything as grand as what
you're talking about.

There's already some basic support for plugin handling.  The following
needs for enhancement have been identified:

specification of directory names  near the code that is specific to the
particular service.

2) It would be nice to turn off plugins in a configuration file.

3) It might be nice to statically register or otherwise have
application-specific plugins rather than system-wide dynamic plugins

There are quite possibly  other things needed.

I do not understand why we would need a configuration file of services
as you specify; that seems like it can be hard coded.

--Sam