Linking problem with Kerberos for Windows & mod_auth_kerb.

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 14 14:44:16 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 12:03 -0500, Russ Allbery wrote:
> IIRC, when I looked at this, it was the only way to actually disable the
> replay cache in MIT as recently as 1.4.  I don't recall whether it was
> fixed in 1.5 or 1.6.

I believe the only way to disable the server rcache currently is to set
the environment variable KRB5RCACHETYPE to "none".  That's obviously not
a good API for mod_auth_kerb because it affects the entire httpd
process, but redefining internal functions probably has the same
drawback.

That environment variable has been supported since at least krb5 1.2.