krb5-1.9-beta2 is available

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 14 14:00:23 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 04:23 -0500, Marcus Watts wrote:
> The fix for a memory leak on the client side when changing
> passwords appears to be not quite complete.

> typo fix "operaton"
> /afs/umich.edu/group/itd/build/mdw/krb5.15x/patches/krb5-1.9b2-errmsg1.patch

Tom applied both of these patches and these should go into 1.9 final.

> /3/
> "--with-hesiod" failed to build for me,

This actually broke in 1.7; due to time constraints, we will probably
fix this in a 1.9 patch.

Eray Aslan wrote:
> -Werror-implicit-function-declaration causes the compile to abort

This should be fixed in 1.9.  That file was indirectly including
<pthread.h> which generally pulls in <time.h>, but with thread support
disabled there was nothing including <time.h>.

Thanks for the testing.