Issues with Active Directory <-> MIT x-realm key replacement

Srinivas Cheruku srinivas.cheruku at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 23:25:46 EST 2010

What about a case when MIT client trying to access the AD services after the cross-realm keys are changed? For e.g. the MIT client would have service ticket krbtgt/AD at MIT encrypted with the older key and this ticket when presented to AD will not be able to decrypt this ticket as I believe AD doesn't store old cross-realm passwords. Do you have any way to mitigate this, other than MIT users destroying the cache or waiting for the cross-realm ticket to expire?

Thanks,
Srini