Comments on the checksum vulnerabilities

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Fri Dec 3 10:33:29 EST 2010

I think you were right on target in your blog where you said that
the API needs to make it easier to do the right thing instead of
the wrong thing.

And, yes, better documentation always helps -- particularly where
it shows examples of the right way to do things -- many people are
lazy/pressed for time/etc, better to have them crib from a correct
example than toss together whatever comes off the top of their head.

John

John Hascall, john at iastate.edu
Team Lead, NIADS (Network Infrastructure, Authentication & Directory Services)
IT Services, The Iowa State University of Science and Technology