Pasword quality pluggable interface project review

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 30 19:58:39 EDT 2010

Greg Hudson <ghudson at MIT.EDU> writes:

> * Add a new error code KADM5_PASS_Q_GENERIC.

> * Add the following arguments to the check method:
>   - const char **languages: null-terminated list of client language tags
> or NULL
>   - char **language_out: language chosen by plugin, or NULL (memory
> allocated by module; we can't simply point into languages because fuzzy
> matches are a possibility).
>   - char **errmsg_out: error message from plugin or NULL (memory
> allocated by module).

It would be really lovely if, rather than having to do string composition
myself inside the module, the caller would provide a krb5_context and let
me just call krb5_set_error_message to set the error message from the
plugin.

I realize this doesn't help with localization, but it would make life much
less painful for plugin authors in the current world where localization
doesn't work anyway, and maybe in the long run we could localize
krb5_set_error_message and allow that interface to continue to be used.