Pasword quality pluggable interface project review

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 30 18:22:11 EDT 2010

    >> I agree the existing error codes are pretty narrowly scoped.  I'm not
    >> sure how I'd add more to be useful, given the error codes should be
    >> remotely visible.

    Greg> It's apparent to me now that there's a lot of room for improving our
    Greg> support for password quality errors over the password change protocol.
    Greg> For schedule reasons, I'm going to defer that to future work--in
    Greg> particular, to the part of the future after we have localization.

I can understand deferring revising our set-change password support.
However, as Russ pointed out, the existing change protocol has a way for
a text error to come back--Heimdal does that.  I think we need to at
least support this in the plugin interface even if you don't write the
glue now to make it work.