Fw: Kerberos MIT on Solaris

Will Fiveash will.fiveash at oracle.com
Fri Aug 27 12:17:32 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 08:59:50AM -0700, vir vir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Solaris  9 with MIT 1.8.2 version
> when I use ktutil
> and then try ktutil:  addent -password -p username at ADS.IU.EDU -k 1 -e rc4-hmac
>
> I got an error saying the addent Unknown request "addent"
> Do you know why I don't have support for addent on Solaris 9?

Which version of ktutil are you running?  If you are using ksh type
either "whence ktutil" or "type ktutil".  If you have built and
installed the MIT variant of krb on your Solaris 9 system it is likely
that the MIT commands are in /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin while
the native Solaris krb commands are in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin.  To use
MIT krb you'll need to use the commands out of /usr/local.  You will
also need to be careful about configuration of the system.  Just be
aware that Solaris expects the krb5.conf to be in /etc/krb5/ while MIT
krb5 uses /etc/krb5.conf (I think).