Adding Fortuna as a new prng
tsitkova at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 19 11:07:24 EDT 2010
LibTomCrypt copyrights header :
/* LibTomCrypt, modular cryptographic library -- Tom St Denis
* LibTomCrypt is a library that provides various cryptographic
* algorithms in a highly modular and flexible manner.
* The library is free for all purposes without any express
* guarantee it works.
* Tom St Denis, tomstdenis at gmail.com, http://libtom.org
Marko Kreen copyrights header :
* Copyright (c) 2005 Marko Kreen
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following
disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS''
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
* SUCH DAMAGE.
On Aug 19, 2010, at 9:18 AM, Sam Hartman wrote:
> Zhanna> 1. Code borrowing. At the moment we know about two open
> Zhanna> source implementations of Fortuna in C. One of them is from
> Zhanna> libTomCrypt project and another one circulates under
> Zhanna> "Copyright (c) Marko Kreen" license. The opinion was
> Zhanna> expressed that even though libTomCrypt license does not
> Zhanna> any restrictions, it is somewhat faceless, and consequently
> Zhanna> might be an issue for the lawyers. So, perhaps, Marko
> Zhanna> Kreen's implementation is a better bid.
> I don't understand this point.
> Can you please post the license or a link to the license for the code
> you plan to include.
tsitkova at mit.edu
More information about the krbdev