Proper way to do logging (KDC) from preauth plugin?

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Thu Apr 22 11:59:31 EDT 2010

I have 1 plugin installed (mine).  It is never referenced
from what I can see stepping through gdb once a break
is hit on check_padata().  I did that just now based on
your reply.

 From what I can gather then, the non-plugin preauth
mech is working (verify_enc_timestamp() is called
and I have no plugin for enc challenge), so my plugin
is not referenced.  Does that sound like a reasonable
evaluation?

Any advice?  This preauth plugin must be called and
must succeed.

Thanks for the guidance so far.  Once I make some progress
(or I suppose even if I don't...), I'll update the wiki
with some notes from this exchange so the next person
has *something* to reference other than comment-less
source code :)