Strange segmentation fault in libkrb5.so.3.3 (1.6.4-beta1)

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 8 11:37:15 EDT 2010

Dan Searle <dan.searle at censornet.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Just a heads up, to work around the issue, I had to change:
>
> kerrs.c:87:
>
>     return krb5int_get_error (&ctx->err, code);
>
> ...to...
>
>     return NULL;

I'd have to check, but I think you may want to make that change
farther up the call stack, like whatever is calling
krb5_get_error_message() may be passing an invalid context pointer.
The change you made above looks like it might completely disable the
functionality of krb5_get_error_message().