How to extend kadmin

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Mon Oct 26 17:27:46 EDT 2009

--On Monday, October 26, 2009 03:51:13 PM -0500 Nicolas Williams
<Nicolas.Williams at sun.com> wrote:

> 4. Bump the RPC program version number (and start fresh).

Fine, but why do you then go on and spend four paragraphs extolling the
virtues of ONC RPC in general and XDR in particular over ASN.1, when no one
has proposed doing anything involving the latter?

OTOH, I suppose someone should ask the question...  Do we believe that we
will eventually end up with a schema for an LDAP-based admin protocol, and
if so, will it end up replacing the current kadmin protocol?

If so, anything we do now is a stopgap.
If not, we should be thinking about the long term.

-- Jeff