Namespaces and inter-library private symbols

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 12 03:38:01 EST 2009

    Tom> Some of these may have been prototyped in krb5.h at some
    Tom> point in the past, and then moved to k5-int.h.  If that is
    Tom> true, we should avoid renaming them, in order to preserve ABI
    Tom> compatibility.

I strongly disagree.
We defined a stable public ABI with 1.2.5.
Any symbol not part of that ABI should be renamed if it is changed and probably should be renamed anyway.

See my feedback from Samba; they would prefer that if things are removed from krb5.h they be renamed.
(Note all these symbols are presumably under KRB5_PRIVATE)