Memory leaks in Kerberos 5 1.6.4-beta1 and 1.7

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 9 12:19:47 EST 2009

On Nov 9, 2009, at 05:09, Dan Searle wrote:
> The version of libc6 is the latest available package in Ubuntu
> Hardy, i.e. 2.7-10ubuntu5. Is this a libc bug or an MIT bug?

There's a workaround in the 1.7 release code for an old getaddrinfo
bug in glibc; the workaround introduces a memory leak.  Greg put a fix
in back in August to disable the workaround if the glibc version is
2.4 or later, since the bug was fixed in 2.3.4.  See http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=6534
  and some of the comments in src/util/support/fake-addrinfo.c for
details.  I don't think it's been added to the 1.7 branch yet, so it
wouldn't have been in the snapshot you got.

You can get a link to the patch from the RT page, or you can try a
snapshot from the main development trunk ("krb5-current"), if you like.

Ken