How to use FAST in TGS requests

Srinivas Cheruku srinivas.cheruku at gmail.com
Thu May 28 00:58:13 EDT 2009

[Srinivas Cheruku] Does your implementation use subkeys in AP-REQ (in
PA-TGS-REQ padata) in TGS-REQ? I saw a thread (by Greg Hudson) where there
were interoperability issues when using subkeys in TGS-REQ and so did you do
anything extra other than adding FAST to TGS code in MIT? I just want to
understand what changes made it work against another vendors implementation.

>I have not checked in the FAST TGS client side changes for two
>reasons.  First, as currently written, it breaks interop with non-FAST
>KDCs.
[Srinivas Cheruku] The PA-TGS-REQ is in the outer request along with
PA-FX-FAST, so how will it break the interop with non-FAST KDCs? Can you
please explain?

 Secondly, there was some discussion of when we want to try FAST
>with the TGS.  I think it would be fine to experiment with that for
>the 1.8 release, but I felt that it was very late in the 1.7 process
>to make that decision.
[Srinivas Cheruku] ok

Thanks,
Srini