Preliminary discussion: DB alias entries

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 11:35:15 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 10:55 -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Simo> Yes, I initially tried making the salt always random, but
>     Simo> that obviously didn't work, if the libs are fixed to accept
>     Simo> a random salt with all enctypes that would be also nice.
>
> How did this fail?
> I'd definitely expect it to work.
> If it does not, we have some deeper problems.

I had no time to do a complete assessment of why it failed, that's why I
didn't report it. I will get back with a bug report when I am able to
confirm it wasn't just my fault (I don't use kadmin to create keys in
ldap, so there may very well be bugs in my code that prevented that from
working correctly).

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York