FAST error handling and our plugin interface

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Thu Mar 5 13:23:20 EST 2009

Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Jeffrey> Sam Hartman wrote:
>     >> However we don't have that plugin interface today and it is
>     >> desirable to keep things working with the current plugins.  So,
>     >> my plan for the current interface is to continue doing what
>     >> we're doing in the non-FAST case.
>
>     Jeffrey> For clarity sake, just how many plugins are we talking
>     Jeffrey> about?
>
> I don't know.  I know of two companies that would be affected with
> shipping products that it would be difficult for me to change, and
> suspect others.

These vendors are not going to replace 1.6.x with 1.7.x in their
already shipping versions.  1.7.x will go into a new major release
and the work necessary to update the plug-ins for the new interface
should not be significant.

I would be more concerned about organizations that have developed their
own plug-ins that were distributed on a wide scale.  I'm not aware of
any on the client side and for the KDC, updating the plug-ins when
rolling out a new KDC platform is not such a big deal either.

Jeffrey Altman