AcceptSecurityContext (SSPI) fails with SEC_E_LOGON_DENIED anda GSS-API Linux client

Matthew M. DeLoera mdeloera at exacq.com
Wed Jun 24 14:19:01 EDT 2009

Paul,

(hopefully my last list posting didn't pop up twice....)

Ah, I see. I'll experiment with those notes. They leave me with 2
offhand questions:

- Are there any conventions surrounding using a host principal versus a
more custom user principal? Would it be preferable to run as the system
account so that I can use the host principal, or preferable to create
some service accounts in order to specify something custom like
"myservice/<machine name>"? Or is it just whatever I feel like?

- Is the reverse question true? If I want to specify a custom service
class, must I have a corresponding account? If so, could I just use the
same class name on each server that run my service?

FYI, I don't intend to run my service on domain controllers. I intend
for the kdc to be external to all systems running my service.

Regards,
- Matthew