Crypto lib

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 10 11:46:58 EDT 2009

First, I'm assuming that you are starting a discussion here and that
you plan to write up a project proposal and send this through the
approval process.

I'm not sure that yarrow should be over the fense.  How strong of a
cryptographic PRNG are people likely to have available in their libs?
The last time I looked at openssl (a long time ago) it's PRNG was kind of minimalist.

Why OpenSSL?  I would have thought that NSS would be more attractive
to your consumers.  I'm reasonably sure that's true for me with my
Debian hat on.  I would have guessed that would be true for your other
major consumers I can think of.  Can we get people who plan to use
OpenSSL with this to step forward?