Code quality news

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 5 11:39:35 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 02:19 -0400, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> I'm a little concerned about this.  Does doxygen let you specify "this
> part of the documentation for this function is internal"?

No, and Sam raised a similar point elsewhere, but my view is that
implementation documentation doesn't belong in the front of the function
in the first place; it belongs in regular comments inside the function
body.

It remains to be seen how well that can be enforced.  Sam observed that
putting the doxygen markup in the krb5.hin makes it more natural to
document only the API contract.  I still favor putting doxygen markup in
the implementation (for the reasons I gave before), but it's a valid
concern.