KRB5KDC_ERR_ETYPE_NOSUPP in protocol transition

Nikhil Mishra nikhilm at gs-lab.com
Wed Jul 29 00:23:50 EDT 2009

Thanks Luke. I will take a look at the branch.

I have implemented both S4U2self and S4U2proxy .
I tested it with win2k3 SP2 and limited set of hotfixes .This was
working fine and I was able to fetch corresponding tickets .

After doing an auto upgrade , is when I started getting this error .

I suspect some default parameters being set in windows registry is
causing the issue .

Snippet from my krb5.conf :

[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
 default_realm = WXYZ.COM
 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = false
 ticket_lifetime = 24h
 forwardable = yes
# default-tgt-enctypes = rc4-hmac
 default-tkt-enctypes = des-cbc-md5 des-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc
# permitted-enctypes = rc4-hmac

Please find the diff attached . This diff is taken on krb 1.6.5.
I will also give it a shot against win2k8.

Thanks

Nikhil