kfw-3.2.3-alpha1 is available

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 24 15:38:35 EDT 2009

There is an alpha release of Kerberos for Windows release 3.2.3
available.  You may download it at:

    http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/testing.html

The main MIT Kerberos page is at:

    http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/

and the MIT Kerberos Consortium page is at:

    http://kerberos.org/

This is an ALPHA release, and is primarily targeted at developers.
There is not yet a complete list of changes since kfw-3.2.2; we will
compile a change list prior to final release.  This release is meant
primarily as a bugfix release and to provide support for AMD64
(a.k.a. x86_64, EM64T, etc.) Windows operating systems.  Most of the
included bugfixes are changes that have pulled up to the krb5-1.6
branch for inclusion in the krb5-1.6.4 release.

The NSIS installer is not built; we expect to remedy this in a
subsequent beta release.  There may be sequencing issues with
installing both 32-bit and 64-bit packages on the same host, i.e.,
installing them in one order will cause problems, while installing
them in the other order succeeds.

AMD64 builds do not support krb4.  This is in accordance with our
earlier decision that building krb4 for AMD64 Windows would count as a
new krb4 implementation, and building krb4 for AMD64 Windows would
thus be against our stated policy of ending active development on
krb4.

--
Tom Yu
Development Team Leader