Proposal: expose two private symbols

Sam Hartman hartmans at debian.org
Thu Jul 23 13:21:44 EDT 2009

I'd like to expose two private symbols:

krb5_kt_free_entry
krb5_auth_con_set_req_cksumtype

The first should be exposed as krb5_depricated.  There is some other
symbol that should be used instead (I think free_entry_contents or
some such), but some applications are coded to this interface,
including Samba3.  I see no reason not to expose the symbol.

The second is needed so that Samba3 can properly construct a GSS-API
checksum.  Remember that Samba3 (but I think not Samba4) rolls its own
GSS-API initial context token.  I don't think it is possible for Samba
to do what it needs to do without this symbol.

Any objections, or can I expose them on the trunk and in what Debian ships?