PAC API and PAC_LOGON_INFO?

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Tue Jul 7 13:11:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 12:59:15PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> Well, the PAC buffer type constants seem like they are an MS technical
> specification issue rather than an MIT Kerberos API issue.
>
> I don't object to MIT exposing constants for this in krb5.h, although
> I'd recommend a prefix including both KRB5 and MS.  Something like
> KRB5_MS_PAC.  Actually I can see an argument that MS should not be
> included.

Perhaps such symbols and constants should be in a separate header so as
to underscore the fact that they come from a different namespace
authority.  The authority needs a name that you can put into the symbol
names, and I don't care what that is, as long as it's sufficiently
mnemonic or descriptive.

Nico