debug version of MIT kerberos for unix

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 26 12:29:47 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 20:18 +0530, Nikhil Mishra wrote:
> make clean && make distclean && ./util/reconf && ./configure CFLAGS="-g3
> -O0" CXXFLAGS="-g3 -O0" && make
>

> It still gives me <value optimized out> or No symbol "*" in current context

Check that:

1. The compile commands have -g3 -O0 and no other -O options, and
2. The program you are running is using the libraries you compiled and
not some other (perhaps previously installed) version.

"ldd" is a useful tool for checking the latter.

Note that on Linux, rpath values within the binaries and libraries
override LD_LIBRARY_PATH values.