mskrb-integ merged to trunk
hartmans at MIT.EDU
Sat Jan 3 18:20:10 EST 2009
Folks, I'm pleased to announce that the mskrb-integ branch has been
merged onto the trunk. There are a number of issues still open, many
of which we'll still want to deal with for the 1.7 release. However
this will get everyone testing the code and honestly I think it's in
quite good shape for a project of this size going to the trunk.
* I still need to review the KDC changes. I've reviewed parts of
them, and attempted to review the whole set, but they were changing
too fast. Now that they have ] settled I need to do a complete walk-tthrough.
* I need to review some of the GSS-API changes to util_*.c I had not previously reviewed.
* Review *.exports changes one last time and sync against project write-ups.
The following changes may want to happen:
* Remove gss_export_name_object: conflicts with kitten work and is unused
* Remove enc_padata; not sure it is usefully used in the current code and would require complicated negotiations with OS vendors because of ABI stability concerns.
* Tom reports some problems with password changes
* The tgs and AS logging needs to be updated to support protocol transition and other MS features
* Luke is still having trouble getting DCE RPC with integrity working. encryption works OK as I understand.
* This probably breaks Windows builds; we need to find out how and fix.
* This probably breaks KFM; we need to find out how and fix.
* This probably breaks the lite client builds; we need to find out how and fix
I'd also like to see us coordinate with Umich to see if they can
retire their mechglue library. They indicated a desire to do that
when we ship a real mechglue. It will be somewhat tricky.
Needless to say this is not a 1.7 blocker.
Thanks for working with us, and we look forward to a great 1.7
More information about the krbdev