regression due to referral realm

Shawn M Emery Shawn.Emery at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 11 03:25:24 EST 2009

Nicolas Williams wrote:

>>     Nicolas> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 03:16:30PM -0500, Sam Hartman
>>     Nicolas> wrote:
>>     >> I have to agree with Tom here.
>>
>>     Nicolas> Meaning what, specifically?  That you think MIT should
>>     Nicolas> not accept a patch that does anything other than replace
>>     Nicolas> the null realm name with the default realm name?
>>
>> That MIT should assume that if you have a keytab you have a default
>> realm name.
>>
>> I think that the proposed patch may be fine.  I certainly am not objecting to it.
>>

> OK.  I'll forward this comment to the maintainers of the smbadm join and
> kclient commands.

kclient populates the default realm so it would not be affected by
this.  In regards to the solution, I would prefer to search the keytab
last to first.  When transitioning realms (keeping old service keys),
the new keys were appended to the keytab from what I remember.  Do you
recall this as well with "smbadm join", Natalie?

Shawn.