regression due to referral realm

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 5 12:27:51 EST 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Nicolas Williams wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 12:15:24PM -0800, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>> As a tangental nit, I wish the list of supported enctypes sent by
>> krb5_get_init_creds_keytab() was limited to those actually in the
>> keytab file (that are also supported by the library in question of
>> course).  Since this has been discussed in the past, it's possible
>> you-
>> all have taken care of it, and I'm out of date.
>
> That's a separate issue, and not necessarily a bug: as long as the
> keytab and the KDB entry for that princ ar in sync there's no problem.

I agree, if the keytab is created by direct extraction from the KDB,
then synchronization is likely.

However, there are a lot of reasons why that might not be true.  You
may extract with a different code base from your intended app (think
Java 1.4.2 for instance), or you may need SA's to create keytabs
directly from passwords.

> Also, IIRC you can affect this via default_*_enctypes.

This solution is too global, usually.
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu